Rhino Shield for Your Commercial Building
Repainting a commercial building is an expensive part of maintenance. Your buildings represent your business, and every business owner knows the importance of that. Even though weather in California is relatively mild, it can still wear on a coat of paint. Harsh sun combined with salt corrosion and fog near the coast can really take a toll on a building’s exterior. Weather can change drastically in a short period of time, adding to the wear buildings receive. To make up for this, paint typically needs to be reapplied every three to five years or so to keep it from looking chipped or faded. This can lead to what seems like a constant cycle of repainting, which takes up valuable time as well as money. For years, people haven’t questioned this part of painting, assuming that there was simply no way to make a paint coat last longer. However, that’s exactly what Rhino Shield does- it lasts much, much longer.
The Rhino Shield Difference
The first thing people typically notice about Rhino Shield is how much it outlasts traditional paint. That’s the difference- it’s not paint. We’re 100% confident our coating will last at least that long. This may seem like a bold statement, and you may wonder how we get our coating to last so much longer than typical paint. Our coating is engineered for longevity, and it shows.
Rhino Shield vs Regular Paint
The reason why Rhino Shield is so durable is the way it’s made. First, consider ordinary paint- it’s typically only about one-third solids, which produces a thin, fragile coat that is sure to flake and chip within a few short years. Compounding the problem is the fact that the solids within the paint are cheap filler materials that weaken the coat. Rhino Shield is over two-thirds solids, which leaves you with a thick, durable coat that is guaranteed to last. There are no cheap fillers to be found here, only high quality microspheres. These microspheres are very durable, shaped in different sizes so that they can pack down tightly to form a dense, solid layer. This may not sound like much, but it’s what makes our coating last so much longer than paint.
Benefits of Rhino Shield
- Saves time and money. By not having to repaint again for at least 25 years, you save yourself from the effort, time and money required for more regular repainting.
- Lower energy costs than paint. Rhino Shield insulates your home, meaning you have to pay less in energy bills to stay comfortable. It reflects 90% of UV rays, lowering your energy usage by as much as 60%.
- Up to 10x as thick as ordinary paint. Since our coating is so much thicker than ordinary paint, a Rhino Shield application is a solid investment that will prove to be far more durable and long lasting than other coatings.
- Ideal for coastal homes. Between the harsh sun, salt corrosion and fog from the ocean, coastal homes take a lot of abuse. Thankfully, Rhino Shield is up to the challenge and will easily protect your home from all of these environmental factors.
- Beautifies your building. Of course, you also want your building to look good- it represents your business! We can match any color and guarantee a coat of Rhino Shield will look fantastic for years
- Eco-friendly. Rhino Shield is nontoxic, nonflammable, and contains a low amount of VOCs (volatile organic compounds). In addition, having to repaint less frequently cuts down on the amount of fossil fuels and materials used to produce paint.